PDF Split and Merge – A free open source tool to split and merge pdf documents.
PDF Split and Merge (pdfsam) is an open source tool (GPL license) designed to handle pdf files. It’s released in 2 versions, basic and enhanced.
PDF Split and Merge basic:
A simple tool designed to split and merge pdf files. With it’s simple and intuitive interface you can:
· split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
· merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
· extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
· mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
· rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
· visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
· visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
· save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
· manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
PDF Split and Merge enhanced:
This is the enhanced version of pdfsam. In this version you’ll find all the basic features plus:
· encrypt your pdf files (RC40 bits, RC128 bits, AES128 bits) and set permissions on them.
· add a pdf frontpage or an addendum (or both) to your pdf documents.
· decrypt pdf documents.
· extract attachments from your pdf documents.
· set viewer options to a document to tell the viewer application how should open the document.
· set the metadata of a document (author, title, subject and keywords).
· pdfsam branch 1: Java Virtual Machine 1.4.2 or higher
· pdfsam branch 2: Java Virtual Machine 1.6 or higher
Runs on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Download: PDF Split and Merge 2.1.0