Microsoft SQL Server StreamInsight CTP2
Microsoft SQL Server StreamInsight is a platform for the continuous and incremental processing of unending sequences of events (event streams) from multiple sources with near-zero latency. These requirements, shared by vertical markets such as manufacturing, oil and gas, utilities, financial services, health care, web analytics, and IT and data center monitoring, make traditional store and query techniques impractical for timely and relevant processing of data.
StreamInsight allows software developers to create innovative solutions in the domain of Complex Event Processing that satisfy these needs. It allows to monitor, mine, and develop insights from continuous unbounded data streams and correlate constantly changing events with rich payloads in near real time. Industry specific solution developers (ISVs) and developers of custom applications have the opportunity to innovate on and utilize proven, flexible, and familiar Microsoft technology and rely on existing development skills when using the StreamInsight platform.
Some of the key feature areas are:
• Derive meaningful and relevant information from data/events streams through complex patterns. These patterns can be defined using a declarative query paradigm based on well-defined streaming semantics with LINQ as query language.
• For the development of applications, adapters, and analytics, the user can rely on well-established and powerful development frameworks and tools such as .NET, LINQ, and Microsoft Visual Studio.
• The platform integrates with various data sources and sinks through input and output adapters. The framework to build domain-specific adapters utilizes a .NET API to make adoption of the platform easy. Independence between adapters and queries facilitates seamless integration of real-time and historical analysis.
• The platform architecture supports a variety of deployment options, from scenarios with a low-footprint embedded option to high-end server deployments.
• A rich set of manageability features such as a management interface, a diagnostic interface and a debugging tool are provided as part of the platform.
The Microsoft SQL Server StreamInsight CTP2 has two different methods to complete the installation process:
• Attended Installation Ã¢â‚¬â€œ an interactive user interface will guide you through the set-up process and obtain all of the information and consent required to complete the installation. This includes the displaying, acknowledgement, and archiving of the applicable SQL Server license terms.
• Un-attend Installation Ã¢â‚¬â€œ this is a DOS command line set-up process that does not have an interactive user interface to guide you through the set-up process. In this case, you will be required to enter a parameter during installation that indicates your acceptance of the license terms.
• Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
Windows Server 2008; Windows 7; Windows Vista; Windows XP (all x86 and x64)
• Notes: Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (x86 and x64) with restrictions: The debugging tool is not functional on these versions.
• Other Requirements: This component also requires Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Download: Microsoft SQL Server StreamInsight CTP2