SCWebCam functions like a webcam, except it uploads your computer screen instead of using a camera and taking a picture of you looking at your computer screen.
– Automatic capture and FTP Upload with configurable timer
– Tabbed configuration interface, and relatively human-readable error messages
– Saves image as JPG or PNG with variable quality, size, and thumbnail functionality. (Or 24-bit BMP with sizing and thumbnail). Choice of several image resize engines to balance quality with speed, and image can be sized by percentage or absolute pixel size
– Optionally minimizes to the system tray, with visible countdown and single-click pause
– Detects screen saver, locked workstation, and logoff/shutdown, and can upload an ‘offline’ image at those times
– Capture can run in several reduced priority modes to minimize the impact to your system – good for games!
– Can automatically detect modem connections, and operate only when the modem is connected (experimental!)
– Autorun and Autostart available
– Text caption with selectable font, color and location
– Ability to capture the Desktop (including translucent windows on 2000/XP), only the Active Window, only the Primary Monitor, and/or Still Video Frames from a Video-For-Windows compliant webcam or other capture device (such as TV card)
– Optional preview window allows you to view a video source while still allowing SCWebCam to capture frames from it
– Configurable bandwidth throttling on FTP upload
– Ability to run in local mode without FTP upload step
– Ability to automatically rotate a number of uploads on FTP server
– Built-in WWW server – serve your desktop or even a small web page right from your own PC!
– Full scripting system allows complete flexibility over the image processing and upload steps. Several sample scripts are provided for those not interested in writing their own.
– System/Error Log capability produces a log of your computer settings.
– Context-Sensitive Help available – just press ‘F1’ for a description of the current form
– Automatic Installer puts everything in the right folders and prepares the program for first run!
– Password lockout feature allows you to lock the configuration for monitoring purposes!
Download: SCWebCam 3.6.0