Microsoft ActiveSync is the latest sync software release for Windows Mobile-powered devices. ActiveSync provides a great synchronization experience with Windows-powered PCs and Microsoft Outlook right out of the box.
ActiveSync acts as the gateway between your Windows-based PC and Windows Mobile-based device, enabling the transfer of Outlook information, Office documents, pictures, music, videos and applications to and from your device. In addition to synchronizing with a desktop PC, ActiveSync can synchronize directly with Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 so that you can keep your e-mail, calendar data, tasks and contact information updated wirelessly when you’re away from your PC.
• Faster file transfer speed and photo sync via Outlook are only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 powered devices.
• Remote PC Sync (via WiFi or LAN) has been removed due to Enterprise customer feedback around security issues.
• Customers using Microsoft Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 with devices running the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0 will benefit from the following feature enhancements included in ActiveSync 4.5: Direct Push Technology, local device wipe, and certificate powered authentication to Microsoft Exchange.
• Microsoft Outlook 2000 is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. It is highly recommended that users upgrade to Microsoft Outlook 2003 messaging and collaboration client.
• Conversion of database files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
• Conversion of font files for use on a mobile device is not supported by ActiveSync 4.5. On previous versions, this feature was limited to devices running Windows Mobile software for Pocket PC 2003 and earlier.
Download: ActiveSync 4.5