Avogadro is an advanced molecular editor designed for cross-platform use in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, bioinformatics, materials science, and related areas. It offers flexible rendering and a powerful plugin architecture.
– Cross-Platform: Molecular builder/editor for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X.
– Free, Open Source: Easy to install and all source code is available under the GNU GPL.
– International: Translations into French and German, with more languages to come.
– Intuitive: Built to work easily for students and advanced researchers both.
– Fast: Supports multi-threaded rendering and computation.
– Extensible: Plugin architecture for developers, including rendering, interactive tools, commands, and Python scripts.
– Flexible: Features include Open Babel import of files, input generation for multiple computational chemistry packages, crystallography, and biomolecules.
Download: Avogadro 0.9.8