DiskTune Build 1.1.27
DIY DataRecovery DiskTune – Freeware disk defragmentation and optimization
DiskTune is an easy to use, on-demand, no frills disk optimizer and defragmentation utility for FAT, FAT32 and NTFS formatted drives. Through a simple to use mechanism to create ‘jobs’ it enables you to launch one-click jobs and schedule jobs. DiskTune will reorganize your disk and will make it faster and more responsive.
DiskTune is safe: It relies on the proven and reliable Windows defrag API to move files. It checks the volume state prior to defragmentation. DiskTune features a VSS safe-mode to reduce interaction between defragmentation and shadow copies and a thermal monitor to protect your hard disk from overheating.
– Works in Microsoft Windows XP, 2003 Server, Vista (32-bit and 64-bit).
– Supported file systems: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS.
– Safe to use: utilizes Windows defrag API and other high level APIs only.
– 3 operation modes: defrag, optimize and compact.
– HDD temperature monitor (unique!); DiskTune will pause when your disk gets too hot.
– Easily create a run jobs.
– VSS safe-mode to reduce interaction between defragmentation and shadow copies
– Background and low priority mode.
– Context menu integration, can defrag selected folder only.
– Boot optimization utilizing the Windows layout.ini file.
– MFT defragmentation and optimization (online).
DiskTune is freeware.
Download: DiskTune Build 1.1.27