Emsa DiskCheck 1.0.77
Emsa Disk Check is a dual-purpose utility, for disk checking (prescan and full disk reading) and also benchmarking. What it does, is scanning/reading the entire contents of a disk (CD, DVD or HDD) and show any read errors that may appear; also shows drive speed information, progress statistics etc. You can use it to do a full disk check of the surface of any CD or DVD, for example if you have just scratched a disk and want to see if it is still readable, etc. Also does drive benchmarking, easy comparing speeds through ‘X’ speed multiplier factor, in real conditions.
Emsa DiskCheck has the following main features and characteristics:
– useful to quicky and fully scan removable disks like CD, DVD for surface defects like disk scratch problems, bad CD-R/RW DVD-R/RW writes, etc.;
– can check CD-ROM, DVD, hard disks, even floppy disks;
– useful for benchmarking a drive, be it CD, DVD or HDD;
– shows ‘locked’ files on disks
– useful speed comparison (shows the ‘X’ multiplier speed comparison with CDs and DVDs) with possibility of switching in CD/DVD ‘X’ mode
– it scans/reads a disk fully until completion or user stop, at the maximal speed available
– reports progress, statistics (files, folders, time elapsed, estimated time remaining)
– reports any errors encountered (error count and log entry for each)
– prescan accesses the disk table of contents and computes file information, showing the total number of files and folders and total space on disk before running the full scan.
Download: Emsa DiskCheck 1.0.77 Windows 9x/ME/NT/2k/XP/2003