Google Side-By-Side search comparison tool
Side-By-Side (sxse) is a search comparison tool that lets your users easily compare search results from the Google Search Appliance or Google Site Search alongside results from any other search engine. It can also be used to compare new/alternate appliance or Site Search configurations to existing ones. Allow your users themselves to vote on which set of search results they like best!
For instance, you could compare:
• The results coming back from 2 different GSAs.
Ã‚Â· You might want to do this if you had a development GSA with version 6.0 and you wanted to compare it to your existing GSA which has version 5.2.
Ã‚Â· You might want to do this if one GSA had crawled far more content and you wanted to see how this improved search quality.
• The results coming back from two different Front Ends of the same GSA.
Ã‚Â· You might want to compare how the different front end settings (such as query expansion settings, biasing settings, etc.) affect the search results.
Ã‚Â· You might want to compare which front end users prefer.
• The results coming back from two different collections on the same GSA.
• The results of your current website search vs. Google Site Search (we bet that Google Site Search wins every time.
• The results of any other enterprise search service vs. the Google Search Appliance
• And many others.