HC Encoder 0.23
HC Encoder, a freeware MPEG-2 encoder. It offers quality comparable to commercial alternatives and the development has a strong focus on DVD compliancy.
HC Encoder is available in two versions:
– Easy to use stand-alone GUI version
– A batch version controlled by an .INI file or command line parameters
Core features of HC Encoder:
– Input via Avisynth or DGIndex/DGDecode projects
– 2-pass variable bitrate (VBR) encoding
– Three quality modes: BEST, NORMAL and FAST
– User controllable GOP structure
– Scene change detection
– User configurable quantization matrices
– Fast encoding speed
HC Encoder is fully supported by DVD ReBuilder, together they make high quality DVD to DVD-R backups, while being a totally free solution.
Download: HC Encoder 0.23