nVIDIA ForceWare (GeForce) 182.50 WHQL for Windows XP
nVIDIA Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition – Windows XP x64, Server 2003 x64
GeForce Driver Release 182 WHQL
Release Date: April 02, 2009
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP x64, Server 2003 x64
Language: U.S. English
File Size: 77.0 MB/89.2 MB
This is a WHQL-Certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, and 200-series desktop GPUs.
New in Release 182.50:
• Optimized single GPU and SLI support for upcoming PC games.
• Numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release documentation notes.
New in Release 182 Drivers:
• Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
• Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Ã‚Â· Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
Ã‚Â· Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Ã‚Â· Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
Ã‚Â· Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
Ã‚Â· Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
• Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
• Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL including SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
• Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
• Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2.
• Supports CUDA.
• Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.