nVIDIA ForceWare (GeForce) 185.85 WHQL for Windows XP
nVIDIA ForceWare (GeForce) Drivers for Windows XP – Windows Server.
GeForce/ION Driver Release 185 WHQL
Release Date: May 06, 2009
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP x64, Server 2003 x64
Language: U.S. English
File Size: 76.1 MB/88.0 MB
This is a WHQL-Certified driver supporting GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION.
New in Release 185 drivers:
• Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 275 GPU.
• Adds support for CUDA 2.2 for improved performance in GPU Computing applications.
• Expands GPU hardware acceleration for the NVIDIA Video Encoding library to GPUs with less than 32 cores. Applications using this library include CyberLink PowerDirector 7, Nero Move it 1.5, Loilo SuperLoiloScope MARS, and CyberLink MediaShow Espresso.
• Accelerates performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 185 drivers vs. Release 182 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
Ã‚Â· Up to 25% performance increase in The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
Ã‚Â· Up to 22% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with antialiasing enabled
Ã‚Â· Up to 11% performance increase in Fallout 3 with antialiasing enabled
Ã‚Â· Up to 14% performance increase in Far Cry 2
Ã‚Â· Up to 30% performance increase in Half-Life 2 engine games with 3-way and 4-way SLI
Ã‚Â· Up to 45% performance increase in MirrorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Edge with antialiasing enabled
• Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0408.
• Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #3.
• Numerous bug fixes.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL, including SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
• Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0.
• Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
• Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.