nVIDIA ForceWare (GeForce/ION) 196.75 WHQL for Windows XP
nVIDIA GeForce/ION Drivers for Windows XP – Windows Server.
GeForce/ION Driver Release 196
Version: 196.75 WHQL
Release Date: 2010.03.02
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 78.4 MB/98.9 MB
This is a WHQL-certified driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, and 200-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
New in Version 196.75:
• Adds support for Next Generation ION.
• Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
• Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
• Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 22.214.171.124 (for supported GPUs).
• Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
Ã‚Â·Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
Ã‚Â·Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
Ã‚Â·Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
Ã‚Â·Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
Ã‚Â·Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
Ã‚Â·Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
• Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
• Enhanced SLI support for World of Warcraft and Unigine.
• Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
• Includes numerous bug fixes.
• Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta. Learn more here.
• Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
• Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects.
• Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.