nVIDIA ForceWare (GeForce/ION) 197.13 Beta for Windows XP
nVIDIA GeForce/ION Drivers for Windows XP – Windows Server.
GeForce/ION Driver Release 196
Release Date: 2010.03.17
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Server 2003 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 78.2 MB/98.6 MB
This is a WHQL-candidate driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs.
This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to either 196.21 WHQL drivers or to this 197.13 WHQL-candidate driver.
If you currently have 196.75 installed, please first uninstall it before installing 197.13.
New in Version 197.13:
• Adds support for Next Generation ION.
• Adds support for GeForce GT 320, GeForce GT 330, and GeForce GT 340.
• Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
• Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 188.8.131.52 (for supported GPUs).
• Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
Ã‚Â· Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
Ã‚Â· Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
Ã‚Â· Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
Ã‚Â· Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
Ã‚Â· Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
Ã‚Â· Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
• Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
• Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft
• Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
• Includes numerous bug fixes.
• Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with the new Adobe Flash 10.1 beta.
• Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
• Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements.
• Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
• Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects.
• Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
*Note: The following SLI features are only supported on Windows Vista and Windows 7: Quad SLI technology using GeForce 9800 GX2 or GeForce GTX 295, 3-way SLI technology, Hybrid SLI, and SLI multi-monitor support.