nVIDIA ForceWare (GeForce/ION) 257.21 WHQL for Windows Vista and 7
nVIDIA GeForce/ION Drivers for Windows Vista and 7.
GeForce/ION Driver Release 256
Version: 257.21 WHQL
Release Date: 2010.06.15
Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Vista
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 94.7 MB
This is the first driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs.
New in Version 257.21
* Adds support for Blu-ray 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision technology. Learn more about the hardware and software requirements here .
* Increases performance for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs in several PC games. The following are examples of some of the most significant improvements measured with GeForce GTX 480. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
o Up to 14% in Aliens vs. Predator (1920×1200 noAA/AF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on)
o Up to 4% in Batman: Arkham Asylum (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF PhysX=High)
o Up to 5% in BattleForge (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Very High settings)
o Up to 5% in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 4% in Crysis: Warhead (1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Enthusiast setting)
o Up to 24% in Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (1920×1200 no AA/AF)
o Up to 9% in Far Cry 2 (2560×1600 8xAA/16xAF)
o Up to 25% in Just Cause 2 (2560×1600 no AA/AF – Concrete Jungle)
o Up to 7% in Metro 2033 (1920×1200 no AA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on)
o Up to 40% in Metro 2033 with SLI ((1920×1200 4xAA/16xAF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on)
o Up to 8% in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat (1920×1200 no AA/AF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Day)
o Up to 110% in Stone Giant with SLI (2650×1600 Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Tessellation on, DoF on)
o Up to 6% in The Chronicles of Riddick: Dark Athena (2560×1600 no AA/AF)
o Up to 9% in Unigine: Tropics (2560×1600 no AA/AF Ã¢â‚¬â€œ OpenGL)
o Up to 5% in 3DMark Vantage (Performance and Extreme Presets)
o Up to 19% with Transparency AA (1920×1200 4xTrSS Ã¢â‚¬â€œ measured in Crysis)
# Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0223.
# Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
# Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See CUDA Zone for more details.
# Adds support for new extreme Antialiasing modes for 3-way SLI PCs, including up to SLI48x AA for GeForce 200 series GPUs and up to SLI96x AA for GeForce GTX 400 series GPUs.
# Adds support for a new Ã¢â‚¬ËœQualityÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ mode for NVIDIAÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Ambient Occlusion control panel feature.
# Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
# Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
# 3D Vision customers can download the v257.21 3D Vision drivers here.
# Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
* Installs HD Audio driver version 22.214.171.124 (for supported GPUs).
* Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in Adobe CS5.
* Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more here.
* Supports the new version of MotionDSP’s video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
* Supports DirectCompute with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
* Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
* Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.