Sage is a lightweight RSS and Atom feed reader extension for Mozilla Firefox. It’s got a lot of what you need and not much of what you don’t.
What does Sage do?
– Reads RSS (2.0, 1.0, 0.9x) and Atom feeds
– Newspaper feed rendering customizable via style sheets
?- Feed Discovery
– Integrates with Firefox’s bookmark storage and Live Bookmarks
– Imports and exports OPML feed lists
– Technorati and RSS search engine integration
– Support for a number of locales: Argentine Spanish, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, – Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, and Swedish
– Simple, one step install / uninstall
Requirements: for Firefox 1.0 – 2.0 and 3.0
Install: Sage 1.4.2