Windows 7 Stability And Reliability Update April 2010
Microsoft has released a stability and reliability update for both Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 which fix a number of issues in both operating systems. The issues that have been fixed in the update are:
* Windows Explorer crashes and then restarts when you access a third-party Control Panel item.
* You cannot connect to an instance of SQL Server Analysis Services from an application in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2 after you install Office Live Add-in 1.4 or Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant 6.5.
* Windows Explorer may stop responding for 30 seconds when a file or a directory is created or renamed after certain applications are installed.
* The Welcome screen may be displayed for 30 seconds when you try to log on to a computer if you set the desktop background to a solid color.
* You are not warned when you delete more than 1000 files at the same time. Then, the files are deleted permanently and are not moved to the Recycle Bin.
The update is available on Windows Update and directly from the Microsoft website. Below are the download links:
* Windows 7 32-bit
* Windows 7 64-bit
* Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit
* Windows Server 2008 R2 Itanium
The downloads require a genuine operating system. Additional information are provided at the updateÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Knowledge Base article.
Read More : http://www.ghacks.net