Xerver is a free web server and FTP server. You can use Xerver for several purposes:
:: Run and test your CGI-scripts (Perl, PHP etc.) on your computer with a CGI-interface.
:: Allow your friends to download files from your hard drive.
:: Publish your homepage on internet with your own computer.
– A complete FTP server is included.
– HTTP/0.9, HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1 supported.
– All HTTP methods supported (GET, POST and HEAD).
– Advanced logging.
– Create aliases (virtual directories).
– Create password protected folders. (Create users and choose which folder(s) each user shall have access to).
– Run CGI-scripts (run your own scripts on your hard drive). Among other script types, Perl and PHP scripts can be run.
– Allow/deny directory listing.
– Choose which port Xerver shall use.
– Use your own error pages (for example “404 Not Found”).
– Choose which files shall be considered index-files.
– Run Xerver as a background process.
– Remote administration available.
– Any computer/system (such as Windows, Linux, UNIX, Mac etc.) with a Java interpreter installed can run Xerver.
– Requires less than 1 Mb hard drive space.
– Xerver is freeware.
Download: Xerver 4.31