Menuet 64 v0.56
MenuetOS is an Operating System in development for the PC written entirely in 32/64bit assembly language, and released under License. It supports 64 and 32 bit x86 assembly programming for smaller, faster and less resource hungry applications.
Menuet has no roots within unix or the posix standards, nor is it based on any particular operating system. The design goal has been to remove the extra layers between different parts of an OS, which normally complicates programming and create bugs.
Menuet’s application structure is not specifically reserved for asm programming since the header can be produced with practically any other language. However, the overall application programming design is intended for easy 64/32 bit asm programming. Menuets responsive GUI is easy to handle with assembly language.
– Pre-emptive multitasking
– Responsive GUI with resolutions up to 1280×1024, 16 million colours
– IDE: Editor/Macro Assembler for applications
– TCP/IP stack with Loopback & Ethernet drivers
– Network applications include ftp/http/mp3 servers
– Free-form application windows
– Hard real-time data fetch
– Fits on a single floppy